Occupational Health & Safety Consultant - #562538
Mabbett & Associates Ltd
We are recruiting for an Occupational Health & Safety Consultant to join our growing Safety Group. This position is suited to an individual looking to develop their career as a safety and health practitioner. The successful individual will support business and service growth, along with technical delivery of health & safety projects.
Location: Glasgow, Edinburgh or Liverpool
Reference #: Occupational Health & Safety Consultant: 11-2022
We are recruiting for an Occupational Health & Safety Consultant to join our growing Safety Group, initially working from home (and on-site as per project requirements), but ultimately located in one of the following offices Glasgow, Edinburgh or Liverpool office. The position will require travel throughout the U.K., including overnight stays, and potentially travel to Ireland and Europe depending on specific client or project requirements.
A positive and vibrant place to work, Mabbett aims to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything that we do.
This position is suited to an individual looking to develop their career as a safety and health practitioner. The successful individual will support business and service growth, along with technical delivery of health & safety projects.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Health & Safety Team and have the opportunity to lead a variety of projects, which may typically include the following:
- Occupational health & safety legal compliance audits and inspections, including developing tailored legal registers and prioritised action plans.
- Legislation-specific (e.g., COSHH, PUWER, Working at Height, Manual Handling) risk assessments and provision of compliance-focused recommendations and support.
- Provision of on-site occupational health & safety advisory support.
- Provision of training courses, seminars and workshops to clients at different levels of delivery.
- Provide marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the firm.
The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to meeting team sales targets.
Typical technical experience expectations are described below. However, if your experience, business network and technical areas of expertise are such that you think you should be talking to us about your career development with Mabbett, please get in touch and make your case.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements.
- Honours or Masters Degree in occupational health & safety, environmental science, environmental health, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related subject.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety / National Diploma for Occupational Health & Safety Management Professionals.
- Technical or Graduate member of IOSH and working towards chartership.
- Demonstratable experience in the practical application of occupational health & safety consultancy or technical practice within industrial and/or construction environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of health & safety legislation and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in the development and practical application of occupational health & safety management systems registered to ISO 45001.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- personal initiative,
- motivation for the role,
- project management skills,
- good customer management skills, and
- good written and presentation skills.
Lengthy demonstrations of these points at the application stage is not required. These aspects will be discussed in detail at interview stage.
The candidate will also:
- be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages.
- have a full U.K. driving licence and clean driver record.
- have a valid passport.
Mabbett is an Equal Opportunities Employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes including contributary pension scheme, funded professional membership and one volunteer day each year. Mabbett supports career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations and growth opportunities.
To apply for this position in complete confidence, please send a CV and Covering Letter, identifying how your qualifications, experience and attributes match the job description. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations.